Reviewing expenses is a core feature of Expend’s expense management software, and with Approve on the Move you can view and approve or reject team members’ expenses from right within the Expend mobile app. Approve on the Move is available to users with the Team Reviewer, Financial Reviewer, or Administrator role.
Before you start
- Ensure that version 5.2.3 or higher of the Expend app is installed on your device.
- You need to be logged in as a user who is a Team Reviewer, Financial Reviewer or Administrator in your organisation.
To review expenses in the Expend mobile app:
- Tap the Review button at the bottom of the screen in the middle. A pink dot means that there are expenses waiting to be reviewed.
- Optional: At the top of the screen, switch between Awaiting Review (default) or Changes Requested.
- Select an expense in the list.
- Tap the button in the lower-right corner of the screen to see the review options:
- Approve (the large button with a ✓ at the bottom)
- Request Changes (the yellow button in the middle)
- Reject (the pink 🅧 button at the top)
- Tap the appropriate review button. If you tap Reject or Request Changes, you are prompted to add an optional comment and confirm. No confirmation is needed for Approve.
After doing the review, you automatically move to the next unreviewed expense in the list. An Undo button becomes available (see below) and you can undo and change your review of the previous expense. When the Undo button disappears, the review is final.
Undoing a review
As soon as you have done a review, an Undo button is available in the lower-left corner of the screen for about five seconds. Tap this button to cancel your review of the previous expense and automatically show that expense again.
What happens next?
For more details about what happens with an expense after it is reviewed, see the main article about Reviewing expenses.
If you expect to have expenses to review but the Review screen is empty, please quit the app (force it to close) and then open it again. Wait a moment for the app to check for expenses, and then tap Review again.