If an Expend card has been lost or a cardholder at your company is leaving, you can cancel the card. To cancel an Expend card, follow the steps below.
1. Remove any remaining balance from the card
If the card is an Expend Classic Card, to which you transfer funds, first return any funds that are still on the card to your float account.
Note: Returning funds is not necessary for an Expend Budget Card
- On the dashboard, click Cards in the menu and find the card.
- Find the card you and click the ▬ button.
- Enter the remaining card balance in Amount.
- Click ▬ Return. The balance is transferred from the card back to your company’s float account.
2. Lock the card
- Staying on the Cards page, go to the card and click the ⚙ button on the right.
- Set Enable card slider to the OFF position.
- Click Close.
On the Cards page, the card now shows Locked. No transactions will be allowed on the card while it is locked.
3. Let us know
Notify us so we can formally cancel and close the card. You can simply send us a message using the in-app chat or your Expend dashboard.
Replacing a card
If a card has been lost or stolen and needs to be replaced, ensure that you remove any remaining funds and lock the card. See Replacing an Expend card for details on how you can order a replacement card for a user.